View Single Post

Thread: On Hylgia Plane Shifting out

1. - Top - End - #57
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Default Re: On Hylgia Plane Shifting out

Quote Originally Posted by Quizatzhaderac View Post
    The Snarl is obviously a continuity/thematic snarl and so if the setting continues the snarl continues trying to destroy it.
    If the snarl is a metaphor for the conflict and contradictions eventually destroy any fictional world, then I’d argue that plane shift will work!

There’s nothing to stop tiny groups from continuing on in isolation, even after the larger work has fallen apart.

For example, your group can continue adventuring in Middle Earth, even though JRRT has died and his estate would shut down an organized effort with trademark and copyright laws. But as long as you keep it to your own little demiplane, the snarl won’t shut you down.

Heck, your My Little Pony Lycan Vampires named Cersei and Daenerys can use the force on platform 9 3/4 to fight both Spider Man and Superman. As long as you can find at least one other person to game with you (or at least read your slash fiction), your desperate little demiplane of weirdness can live on the rest of your life, long after My Little Pony goes off the air and the last poor child named Daenerys turns 18 and legally changes her name.
    Last edited by Dion; 2019-11-11 at 03:40 PM.