Quote Originally Posted by Rafaelfras View Post
Different things for different situations, the hobbit is a story about a hobbit that left his home for an adventure, Elistraee is part of the lore, as drows not being allways evil. Albino is just a condition, the dragon is still red. Druids on metal armor is just power grab.
From what i've read, Elistraee wasn't part of the lore until 14 years after drows were introduced. Probably because Salvatore invented Drizz't. So you can always make new stuff part of the lore.

Sure, i have nothing against some of it. If they dont break fundamental rules of the setting I am using. For example the druid one wouldn't fly on my table because on Forgotten realms druids get their powers from the nature gods so his method wouldn't work (same as you cant get sorcerers powers by torturing sorcerers)
Didn't remember that part for FR. I was thinking the more basic D&D version where they are often godless and just get powers from nature. I guess Druidic language would work better for FR then.

Haha, yeah, torturing sorcerer wouldn't give you powers. Though now that i think of it, some mad scientist replacing his blood with that of a dragon sorcerer....that would be a cool villain.