1. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: What battlemat do you use? Which one is worth choosing?

Quote Originally Posted by boriss283 View Post
    Hello. I am a user of paizo flip basic mat and recently, I decided to choose a new larger mat for myself and began to think what options do I have. I examined what are the options on the market and came to three main categories.

1. Foldable Mats.
    2. Vinyl mats.
    3. Wet erase mats (chessex).

I plan to systematically transfer the mat, so the vinyl version that needs to be carried in the tube is not suitable.And the main options, at the moment, are:
    1. Purchase of two Paizo flip basic mats and combining them to reach 30"x48". I realy like mat size. But I'm not sure about the connection.
    2. Purchase of one Paizo flip Bigger basic mat 27"x39". I would like a little bigger mat size, but not having connection like with 2 paizo flip basic mats sounds nice.
    3. Buying wet erase chessex mat 34"x48". But i never used wet erase mats and most people say it is not realy comfortable.

What options can you offer? What mats do you use? (Remember using glued A4 sheets in a square, covered with tape.)
    I use a measuring tape and some toy blocks [KEVA planks] on the tablecloth. Sometimes I also have a whiteboard and whiteboard markers too. Better than a gridded battlemat in my opinion.
    It doesn't have the issue of diagonal movement and ranging, and it's very easy, so I'd always recommend it. Blocks are optional if they're too much more expensive than a cloth mat.

1" = 5' for D&D, or 1' = 1m for Dark Heresy. [technically, I think 1" ~ 2m on the figures, but the bases are 1" diameter so it's easy to think about]
    Last edited by LordCdrMilitant; 2019-11-12 at 02:28 PM.
    Guardsmen, hear me! Cadia may lie in ruin, but her proud people do not! For each brother and sister who gave their lives to Him as martyrs, we will reap a vengeance fiftyfold! Cadia may be no more, but will never be forgotten; our foes shall tremble in fear at the name, for their doom shall come from the barrels of Cadian guns, fired by Cadian hands! Forward, for vengeance and retribution, in His name and the names of our fallen comrades!