View Single Post

Thread: OOTS #1186 - The Discussion Thread

1. - Top - End - #128
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS #1186 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Petrocorus View Post
    So what? Should we compare our argument of authority?
    I regularly "cite my sources" as a preemptive counter to anyone who would assert I have zero clue what I'm talking about--this is the internet, after all, and that has specifically happened to me on this forum.

In no way was I trying to imply that I have the highest level of experience possible or that others (such as yourself) might not* have more experience than I; just that I have some level of understanding on the topic that isn't "I read it somewhere on the internet. "

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Only after you asserted that the entire airship is a cigar.

But let’s not bicker and argue about who killed who. This is supposed to be a happy occasion!
    It was a callback to a quote from the Giant:

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    Why would I possibly WANT this sort of speculation?

Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar. Sometimes, characters that have a similar hairstyle just have a similar hairstyle. How many hairstyles do you think there are that can be drawn in stick figure style, anyway?
    Here's the relevant link to the quote, too:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?127453-Random-Speculation-Time!-The-Girl-in-Panel-Seven-of-683&p=7066430#post7066430

EDIT 2: *omitted the word "not" which completely changed my meaning; including now
    Last edited by The Aboleth; 2019-11-13 at 04:23 PM.