Quote Originally Posted by Keravath View Post
Just to clarify.

Is the entire druid metal armor argument over the choice of the rules writer to use the word "won't" rather than "can't" in the armor proficiencies section of the class description?

Won't implies some sort of limitation on the character's role playing choices? Can't just means there is some mechanical reason (not detailed) preventing a druid from wearing metal armor?

People are objecting to the suggestion of a rule limiting their role playing choices but have no objection to the rule limiting their mechanical choices ... and ALL of this hinges on the choice of "won't" vs "can't" ??
Yup. That's why I'm having this much fun reading this topic

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee_Dragon View Post
Behind that barrel, you can see the tail sticking out
I was brushing my teeth while in front of a mirror.
I couldn't see my reflection anymore, damn you xD

Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
Oops, sorry, I got all crossed up. my bad.

DMG. Also in the SRD page 219.
Oh, cool. Kinda wished there were more things like this, possibly even mundane, but good to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by patchyman View Post
Not even a druid thing, but in my latest campaign, I sent the 1st level characters against an ankheg. After the fight, the ranger skinned the creature and to it to a leatherworker to transform it into a medium armor. Don’t remember what type exactly, but it boosted his AC by 1.
And THIS is the answer to everything. Especially the satisfaction to see the players act like this.
Too bad in the group irl we've been fighting so little skinnable monsters or other reusable soon-to-be corpses. To get my armor I had to undress the bloodied corpse of a mindless slave (while getting judged by the cleric)