1. - Top - End - #1196
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop Thread XXXVIII: toy soldiers r srs bsns

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    ...WTF!? I was assuming two pages of Stratagems. Not...That.
    Another page wasted for objectives too, so yeah, garbage traits, relics and strats only, most of which we've just seen.

Chaos Marines aren't low tier.
    The problem is that everything they do, Loyal Marines do better, so why play them?
    They're not GK or SW to be sure, but they're still pretty bad.

*Shrug* ...That's not new.
    No, but since Slaanesh shoot twice and zerks fight twice are two of the big deals in the dex, locking you out of one of the few good things kinda sucks a big fat one.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Ok...not great, but the +1 makes this hurt less. Wait...is that +1 forever? If so thats actually pretty sweet. Forces your opponent to wipe out a Sisters unit. Not that that's hard.
    I play OoOML, and I'm pretty happy with this. Miracle dice are super strong, so getting more is always nice and survivors hitting on 2's is neat.

5 bucks says this is Jacobus' Trait. Its a perfectly fine trait. Wait...its Celestine's...then what's Jacobus'? This was his thing. Wait...am I not getting Hobo Shotgun Priest??
    Can't have girl power with dudes in charge. I wouldn't hold my breath on Jacobus coming back, but you never know. At least Celestine doesn't hand out +1 ld anymore.

As Renegade Paladin alluded too, it seems that Miracle Dice are not our replacement (thank the Emperor) and they do something else, based on how they say that we'll "learn to love Miralce Dice". As far as this Stratagem goes... eh? I mean, Im gonna assume that you can spend Miracle Dice in more ways than just subbing out rolls, otherwise this Stratagem is pretty much identical to "1Cp make a re-roll"
    Yes and no. This way you can use a miracle dice and still have command rerolls available in the same phase, plus you can use miracle dice when you absolutely must succeed. Miracle dice are going to be freakin' huge.

2 CP. Eeeew. Can be used during Overwatch. Nice.

Add 1 to hit. Eh, Ill take it I guess.
    Reroll to wound, thats nice.
    Extend Range and up the roll? Ok, Thats why this is worth 2CP
    Yeah, 36" multimeltas are a thing. That's a pretty big deal, but it is expensive in points (assuming they stay 22ppm) and cp. rr to wound is nice on flamers though, but maybe not for 2cp.

Relics. Apparently the Book of Lucius is back, it extends Auras 3". I rather liked what it used to do, but thats fine. Also they tell us that a Rod of Office (I assume a piece of Wargear) also extends Aura Range 3", and that these combo well with the Warlord Trait Indomitable Belief (which is Celestine's btw). I mean...neat? It will make having a Cannoness babysitting Rets easier.
    The rod has been seen on the cannoness optional builds. A 12" aura bubble is pretty damn strong, you can give a fair portion of your deployment area all your bonii.
    Last edited by Drasius; 2019-11-14 at 08:26 PM.