Quote Originally Posted by Troacctid View Post
I would personally go for fighter entry. I'm surprised you thought of cleric—it doesn't seem to synergize particularly well AFAICT, and without full BAB it can't even enter the class on time.
I mentioned fighter but fighter also lacks hide so it isn't much better. I went with cleric because it can fill that role: evil, deals with undead, divine casting. I know fighter can hit the feats easier, but fighter doesn't have the feel. I went through 6+ splats before I gave up on a better fit. I considered hexblade, but it seemed worse than fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by PoeticallyPsyco View Post
One thing that bears mentioning is how fallen paladins can trade in Paladin levels for Blackguard levels. That makes entry into BG an attractive prospect for fallen Paladins of 11+ levels, as they can instantly dump their useless Paladin features for full levels in the moderately useful Blackguard.
I did mention those levels, but they are buried in the middle somewhere. I think those levels make for the best reason to enter as paladin. However, I think you are better off with paladin levels.