View Single Post

Thread: A Player with Mixed Priorities

1. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: A Player with Mixed Priorities

Quote Originally Posted by Expected View Post

It's interesting that you mention that, because he did receive less xp than us in the last fight. We're all now level 2 and he is only 100 xp into level 2. His other character, a Bard, took a long rest against the party's wishes because he wasted his spell slots on Unseen Servant for RP purposes (he RPs her as a princess because she has the Noble background with Retainers), so we left him to keep exploring the dungeon and cleared it out before he woke up. This player even makes movement through their square during combat difficult because they are "not a willing creature." It was hilarious, but frustrating.
    I'm glad that the DM acknowledges the issue and "rewards" it.

However, I don't understand the Unseen Servant thing ... there are a couple of issues.

1) Unseen Servant is a ritual. Bards have ritual casting. He can cast it as often as he likes as a ritual without using spell slots. It only takes 10 minutes+6 seconds.

2) Moving through an ally's square is difficult terrain. Moving through a square with an unwilling creature isn't possible. So he is making movement more difficult for everyone by not letting folks pass through their square.

Anyway, I am happy that I don't have to deal with them :)

Edit: removed my original point 1 ... I need to learn to read better :)
    Last edited by Keravath; 2019-11-19 at 12:00 PM.