Quote Originally Posted by Quizatzhaderac View Post
It's enough people to contradict Woweedd's comment. Severn people a generation for thousands of years is enough for three epic, evil, arcane spell-casters to have happened.

Mortals are the source of sustenance for gods, if a significant numbers of mortals survive the gods wouldn't starve.
I'd bet that any small pockets of survival are more than likely two things,

1-Very small communities at the largest, so even if they were all worshipping, let's say Thor, they would be hardly affecting his diet, after all if your starving and eat 10 bits of rice, it's not going to affect the fact that you're starving.

2-Although I must admit this is a bit more speculative, I think that many mortals who escape from the material plane likely aren't going to be clerics, there are probably some high level wizards who just move to the Astral plane, doing research or whatever it is they do.

So if anyone does survive, my guess is that by the time that the world is remade, they will either be liches and other undead creatures, or the small communities will vanish due to a lack of genetic diversity.