Quote Originally Posted by Conradine View Post
Personally, I would forgive a person who betrayed me under threat of torture or execution a lot more easily than one who accepted a bribe or acted out of spite.
Forgiveness is a personal choice, just like the behavior was that lead to the betrayal. It has nothing to do with the objective reality that D&D sets with the forces of alignment. You are using subjective morality to view the situation and your responses to it change based on the intentions or situation. It is not an unreasonable approach to dealing with betrayal and is highly empathetic, for that I applaud you.

So, do you agree that's not an Evil character? I never tought he was Good. More "benevolent Neutral".
I believe I earlier said "...Neutral, at best". There are a few arguments that I could bring that would cast a lot of evidence towards a more Evil alignment, but they are somewhat more specific examples, not a full dive into the character. Since I do not use fringe examples to try and make a point, I accept that the character may be non-evil, but is certainly capable of great evil. But so is everyone.