View Single Post

Thread: The Age of Warriors (Project Revived!)

1. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Age of Warriors (Project Revived!)

Christ it is dull QAing and editing all this stuff.

(Blogpost) Mechanically, it's made me reflect -- a lot of attempts to empower martials in 3e involve handing out blanket immunities. But those get really repetitive and uninteresting, plus they cut out parts of the game, which isn't fun, nor is combat fun when it's just a contest of saying "no" to each other. So while QAing this I'm trying to think of more interesting ways for people to negate each other. For example, the adept hunter PRC had an anti-Stone Dragon ability that made your DR unpierceable; I replaced it with an aura that threatens to levitate enemies who approach you (because of the Stone Dragon requirement to be on the ground).

Thread visitors: The Task Board post on page 1 is still being updated. Remaining things that you're welcome to jump in on include a dozen remaining legacy weapons (legacy weapon format), three prospective PRCs, and the creation of a shield-based tanking discipline modeled on Path of War's Iron Tortoise. Ideas for the new base classes linked in that post are great as well.
    Last edited by Elves; 2019-11-21 at 12:47 PM.
    Join the 3.5e Discord server: https://discord.gg/ehGFz6M3nJ