1. - Top - End - #1112
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Unlimited Blade Works: The Guide to the Ultimate Paladin/Sorcerer Multiclass

Well, those were some swift responses! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Gignere View Post
    Spells known is based on class levels not character levels. It’s right there in the multiclass section that you treat your spell casting classes separately when learning spells. To be clear you have higher level slots as MC character so you can upcast spells but you would not have any higher level spells known.
    Checked again... I suppose that this statement's what it ultimately comes down to: 'You determine what spells you know and can prepare for each class individually, as if you were a single-classed member of that class.'. This, I assume, is intended to include 'as if you had the spell slots of a single-classed member of that class' but doesn't explicitly spell it out, especially in the light of class spellcasting rules discussing gaining spells 'of a level for which you have spell slots'. Perhaps could be made a touch clearer!

Quote Originally Posted by Gignere View Post
    As for free hand use a two hander, get warcaster, subtle meta, get gem on weapon from Xanathars, or cast then draw weapon.
    All true! That wasn't really my question, though: I was curious about how people had previously narratively treated what would be constantly dropping and picking up a weapon from a mechanical point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Klorox View Post
    Welcome to the club!

I wouldn’t worry about what your character will look like at level 20. It’s very rare that a game will go that far and even if it does, you won’t play more than a few sessions at that point.
    Thank you - and don't worry, I appreciate that! I'm mainly asking for reasons of character development that rely on potential access to 9th Level spells (mainly Wish) far more than actual mechanical attainment of that level of spellcasting. Regardless, I seem to have my answer now!
    Last edited by LightningStrike; 2019-11-23 at 03:46 PM.