View Single Post

Thread: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

1. - Top - End - #1297
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    My issues with the ranked system for Battlegrounds can be summed up pretty well by my last two matches.

I got top 4 in a game, and gained 5 rank points.

I placed 6th in the next and lost 67 points.

Do they really expect me to win(ish) 14 games in a row just to eke out a bit of progress?

It's a good thing IDGAF about Ranked Battlegrounds. I can't imagine the nightmare a lot of the streamers and stuff are going through if this is the norm.
    Hm, the low gain I would expect for a 4th place finish, but 67 point loss sounds more like what I'd expect from a 7th or 8th place loss than a 6th. Although, you said you haven't played much, and the number of points gained and lost is higher during your first 50 games (or something to that effect), so perhaps that's why that's going on? The bonus for that might just have little impact on a 4th place finish, and be more noticeable on a 6th place.

Quote Originally Posted by heronbpv View Post
    @Zevox:
    At least for me, whenever I lose with a low key hero, it always seems like it's because of mistakes of mine than, say, lack of luck or some other heroes hero power overwhelming me.
    I can definitely feel like my getting a weak hero has to do with it sometimes. You get put at a nasty deficit if you open by facing off against, for instance, the Curator and Brann on turns 1 and 2, then face AF Kay on turn 3 when she power spikes, followed by a match against a Rat King who has gotten his hero power buff every turn, all while you're playing as George or Elise. And losing a bunch of health early means that a little bad luck hits you a lot harder later.

Quote Originally Posted by heronbpv View Post
    That, and rushed lightfangs. That strategy is thankfully going to be nerfed.
    Oh? Have they announced something about that somewhere?

If so, they should probably address Brann and Cobalt Guardian too. Because nerfing Lightfang will just mean that Brann becomes the way to do Menagerie, and Cobalt Guardian-based mech compositions will have lost one of their only real competitors.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2019-12-01 at 12:25 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis