Quote Originally Posted by Misterwhisper View Post
So your long death monk with a 13 ac is supposed to be your tank option...

The fear hits enemies and team mates so you are fearing allies and doing no damage. However your save on fear and stunning strike is going to be pretty low so it won’t matter.

Grappling does not harm anyone, it does not even give anyone advantage to hit them unless you prone them too.

You don’t get a cover bonus from grappling someone, just by them being between you and the target, which they could have been anyway.

Also your plan seems to be to tank your save dc on the best combat ability in the entire game, and the only really good thing monks have in stunning strike...
I feel it's useless to answer to this kind of post. Those are builds that were thought as complements to different parties I played into. I wouldn't pick Long Death Monk if you're tacked with lots of melee pals obviously. As a lone frontliner it can fare extremely well even with that AC past level 6 because of the disadvantage. Plus you still have Dodge if Fear failed or wasn't an option.

Anyways. You're just here to contradict without even trying, so I'll stop here. :)
("Only really good thing Monks have in stunning strike" is already decredibilizing you anyways).