Quote Originally Posted by Composer99 View Post
Sand Throw: I would consider allowing this to either require only an attack roll or a saving throw, but not both.
Quote Originally Posted by Yukito01 View Post
Thing is, isn't blinded a bit too much of a condition just to impose with an attack roll?
For less than 1 round, using a limited resource? Not really, at least IMO. It's easy enough to get advantage on attacks against other creatures.

Pushing Attack: It's a bit tedious having duplicate abilities - this is very similar to Straight Kick, except this is strictly worse because Straight Kick just works on a hit while this also gives the target a Strength saving throw. I'd consider renaming Straight Kick to be more generic and allowing you to use it with any melee attack.
Yeah, it's true there are many pushing abilities. Actually, it's because I like playing with dynamic maps, things were positioning is vital. Having the non-magic people have some control options really opens up strategies (in particular because my current party is almost non-magical). Also, I wanted a stronger option than Straight Kick.
All well and good - I just wonder whether you really need two abilities that allow pushing, when you could have one and the players can reflavour it to suit (Alice the monk does a kick while Bob the fighter does a power shove, for instance, but they both use the "Shoving Attack" ability.)

Tide of Steel: Easily the strongest ability on account of the AoE knockback. As it is, you already have two such abilities that affect a single target. Maybe this could do something else?
I was also confused about this ability too. I wanted to allow the tank to get some breathing room, if needed. But not sure if I made it too OP. The other option I was considering was just damage all enemies in area if their AC is lower than the attack roll (basically an AO attack), but the damage is equal to the maneuver die only. But I felt it was somehow too weak. Maybe enough for minions, but for stronger creatures, 1d4 is not going to do much.
What makes this overtuned, I think, is that most of these manoeuvres let you make a weapon attack, add the manoeuvre die to the damage, and often achieve some other effect as well - but against a single target. This manoeuvre lets you make a weapon attack and achieve some other effect against multiple targets. Perhaps the way to go is to make it an AoE shove without the attack.

Snipe: I would consider having the target make a saving throw as part of the attack, no matter what you target:
- head: on a failed save, target is stunned until end of its next turn
- body: not sure for this one, but maybe on a failed save, you roll one additional weapon damage die
- legs/wings: since the effect has no strict endpoint (either it makes the save or receives magical healing or the effect continues), this is fine
- arms/other limbs: the current effect is okay, but meh - I'd go with disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks using the affected limb, and the affected limb can't be used to provide somatic components for a spell
Oh, I like this! Just one thing: isn't stun a bit too much? I feel it's one of the strongest conditions in the book, and thus why I avoided using it for the maneuvers.
Well, leaving aside variant human, the earliest you'll get this feat is at 4th level, one level ahead of monks getting Stunning Strike. Once monks get Stunning Strike, they can use it up to five times in between short and long rests, and the number of times they can use it increases as they gain levels. By contrast, you can use the head shot up to three times between short and long rests, and unless you take this feat multiple times (which is usually not going to happen), you won't be able to use it more often. And for both you and monks, there is an opportunity cost to using your resources on this attempt, since you won't have the ki or manoeuvre die to use on another ability.

But if you still think it's too much, you could have head and body have the same effect - extra damage on a failed save.

Trip Attack: Couldn't you batter an opponent prone with your maul as well? Why restrict heavy weapons from working?
This was done mostly for weapon category "balance" purposes. No particular reason you could not trip with any weapon (as the battlemaster shows). All the heavy weapons already had something going for them, so I decided to leave this to the non-heavy crowd.
Fair enough.

Thanks a lot for all of your feedback!
You're welcome!