Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
Your first one fits the original feat list from PHB a bit better. But I honestly like what you did with the second one. Here's what I suggest for your first one, as a slight edit:

Feat: Arcane Adept
Prerequisite: Warlock level 4

1. Increase Charisma score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
2. Gain one invocation of choice from those available to the warlock and for which you qualify.
3. Gain one additional cantrip from the Warlock spell list.

Why level 4? That's the first time one is eligible, and it prevents the vHuman feat at level 1 (which also would not make sense since pact boon is level 3 anyway.
One invocation and one cantrip...that puts this feat on par with something akin to Spell Sniper, so power-wise, it seems legit. Although, the Eldritch Blast + Agonizing Blast combo seems a bit overpowered; given the level requirement, it makes more sense. Although, that would make the sun soul monk a bit of a rival.

Quote Originally Posted by diplomancer View Post
I would definitely keep the Warlock levels prerequisite, and probably the "at least 2 warlock levels" suggested, or the Hexblade dip will be even more overpowered than it already is. With those caveats, I'd say the average invocation is slightly weaker than the average feat, so that would be a flavorful and not overpowered option.

I'm not too good with Hexblades, so can you explain this please?