1. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Is 20 CHA really that important for a sorcerer?

Quote Originally Posted by Barny View Post
    Personally, I disagree with your maxing out party utility first playstyle. *scrub the post, scrub the quote*
    Well...
    1. I always play in parties in which I'm the main guy tasked with assessing party strengths and filling in.

2. I don't see how first criteria and second would be incompatible, because otherwise it would end inefficient. I don't go inefficient. :)

3. I don't think your argument holds anyways: in actual game, there is an actual progression. If the character likes the party he's in and consider them friends/family, wouldn't it be natural for him to try and evolve in the way that maximizes their chance of survival and success?
    It's not like we are talking about changing character concept here. We are talking about something that is important yet still overall minor in how the character plays and behave.

If I had to follow your logic, then you would be fine with a Cleric that simply doesn't prepare Healing Words because follows a Death God, *even after his party nearly got TPK or they actually lost a character*.
    Well, I wouldn't necessarily. Not if that character was the only one with access to emergency healing like such.
    Being in a group always require some investment.

So for example, if I'm in a party and that we find ourselves often missing the mark and needlessly struggling because my control spells come late too often, I'll obviously think that I should find a way to be quicker on my feet when fight starts, so I'll start spending time downtime finding ways to train about it.

Because, you know, by the way, how would YOU justify the feats you grab?
    Feats are metagaming in essence, since they are features completely unrelated to your class or background in essence.
    So it has always been up to the player to integrate it as something progressive and natural in their character development. It's exactly the same whether you pick a feat for your personal interest first or your party interest first.

Besides, it's not like the feat does not benefit you (except maybe Inspiring Leader).

Basically, you are shocked that someone may want to favor a direction to evolve that benefits other people rather than himself first. That's your problem. XD
    Last edited by flat_footed; 2019-12-15 at 05:40 PM.