Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
So... maybe a party of four The Furies might stand a chance?

(Don't imagine there being four of me. That would be horrible.)
I thought there were supposed to only be three of the furies?

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
And what special skills do you bring to the table? Pretend I'm some sort of lich who's interviewing you for a mid boss, maybe even a dungeon boss position. What makes you think you're worth it?

consider it a writing prompt because this sort of thing is one of my favorite.
Although applications may have finished, I thought I'd give this position a try. I am an up-and-coming obstacle, with plans to be either an antagonist or even a nemesis in the future. I favour a classic style, wherein I propel a mass as large as myself towards intruding adventurers and loop around through inaccessable paths to attack from unexpected directions.

Although I have little experience in this field, I am keen to learn and have a genial personality that lets me get along with most co-workers.

I also enclose an example of the style I follow, as performed by long-time experts in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
Anyway, the point is less 'katana bad sword', they were good for the environment they appeared in and pretty decent weapons overall. This is more me being annoyed by katana fanboys, so kfbs that appear in my work might get to be competent, but they're never as powerful as they think they are (katana are approximately as strong as other swords weapon-wise, as shown by the characters who use them for more practical reasons).

I also kind of dislike the trend of 'european martial arts were less refined/aesthetic than asian martial arts'. Sure, they were different, and many of the surviving ones ave markedly different aesthetics, but fencing is still a graceful form. Not criticising you of falling into the trap

I mean, everything's fair. Speaking of books, I need to return to writing.
If we're talking about swords and things we want to write, one of my characters has an estoric martial art that lets him cut through anything and his fighting style is inspired by Japanese swordsmanship, with a focus on powerful cuts to shear through things. His evil alternate timeline counterpart has developed a way to block the unstoppable cuts and so uses a style based more around western swordsmanship, with a focus on controlling his opponents' blade and counterattacking. The good version therefore favours Japanese swords such as the Nodachi, while the evil version usually uses scavanged blades from alternate selves he's killed, but prefers swords with promenient guards.