View Single Post

Thread: The Age of Warriors (Project Revived!)

1. - Top - End - #257
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: The Age of Warriors (Project Revived!)

Amusing and cool to see my efforts mentioned elsewhere (the tempest rework).

In any case, this is an interesting project.

I myself have an unfinished new discipline called Eagle Talon.
    It is a ranged discipline discipline based on illusion and stealth. (I've always found it super weird that there were no ranged disciplines, and this was my attempt to fix this oversight for my game.)
    Design-wise the intent is to offer 2 distinct fighting styles (like Tiger Claw does - based on jump or on TWF):
    1. Short-range that focuses on crippling your opponents and preventing them from closing in, with many maneuvers that work only within precision range and impede movement or prevent attacks(shooting arrows and fireballs out of the air, pinning opponents to the ground, etc). [N.B. "Precision range" is a term I invented which in general is equal to point-blank range, but is there to allow additional rules interactions, such as far-shot increasing precision range, etc. It is supposed to represent the range at which precision damage can be applied - such as sneak attack, skirmish, and various maneuvers from this discipline.]
    2. Long-range mode that focuses on sniping and misdirection/illusion to make sure your opponents don't even know where the hell they're being shot from. These types should use Spot heavily.
    3. A secondary capability could be taking down flying casters. [Heheh]
    Spoiler: Description
    Show
    The Eagle Talon discipline focuses on striking from a distance, and disorienting and crippling foes. Its teachings allow a martial adept to perform legendary feats of precision and misdirection, promising its wielder the ability to defeat one's foes without them ever being able to lay a finger on the practitioner.
    Eagle Talon's preferred weapons are the Longbow, Shortbow, Greatbow and their composite variants.
    The discipline's key skill is Spot.

I have penned a bunch of maneuvers from the discipline (maybe like 2/3 to 3/4 of them - 21 in total), but they require most of their fluff and another design pass at least. Also lacks most of the high-level stuff and a good chunk of the illusion-focused stuff.

If you or someone is willing to sit down with me in a sort of design-meeting we could finish it - I myself am somewhat out of cool, original, flavourful ideas. Either way, what it's missing is the high-level archery stances, including any amount of illusion-based stances and any cool illusion based maneuvers you can think of.
    Last edited by martixy; 2019-12-23 at 02:13 AM.