View Single Post

Thread: Skyside 6: Return of the Cheddar

1. - Top - End - #441
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 6: Return of the Cheddar

[Tempest Row Spaceport]

Being a completely normal human is something Zee is pretty skilled at.

Maybe not completely normal. A psyker? Even though the immaterium is about as diametrically opposed as a thing could possibly be to Yezekiel. She has the sneaking suspicion that Minerva wouldn't really appreciate that distinction, so it's probably a great idea to just continue laying low and being (relatively) normal. Otherwise there would be lots of shouting about daemons and getting shot at and Zee really doesn't have the time for that sort of thing.

She takes her phone back from the tech priest and quickly replies to the last message.

Spoiler: Chat Log
    Show
    DitZee Doo: Big ship up in orbit has spooky alien problem
    DitZee Doo: Not as bad as skinwalkers
    DitZee Doo: Might have infected in skyside
    DitZee Doo: Slow burn generational thing
    DitZee Doo: Problem if fleft alone
    DitZee Doo: Going to stop at source

Then the phone is stowed away in her pocket! She probably won't have any reception here pretty soon. There's probably a distinctive lack of cell towers on giant space ships.

Zee briefly peeks at the cargo crates again. Just full of grain (and sand) weren't they? And of course a couple veggi-rats. Everything seems fine enough in here? The shuttle must have just been after food stock and a chance to sow more gene stealers.

"Same way I recognized these guys," Zee replies with a shrug. "Distinctive non-human DNA."

She glances over at the priest. "Do you know how long the shuttle has been planet-side? If I know how long they've been cavorting with the locals then that'll give me an idea of how big of a problem I'm looking for."

Small problems are better than big problems.

"I honestly don't know how the island flies. Biology is more of my thing."
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2019-12-23 at 03:09 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.