Quote Originally Posted by No1ofIntrst View Post
Vandryeen (Male)
Bard (More focused on the storytelling than the singing/seducing part)
Half-Elf
Anthropologist
True Neutral

Really interested in learning about different types of monsters and other "surface-level information" (oh, yeah, I speak Orc, but I only know how to say "could you pass the salt?") Not too outgoing, but not really shy. Knowledgeable, but not a bookworm (knows by experience, not by reading). Parents are really important to him. Knowledge. By understanding other races and cultures, we learn to understand ourselves. Doesn't really like horses
Side note: thank you for making this!
I actually enjoyed writing this one; because you mentioned the parents were important...
They became a central figure for which the rest of your character's background information really spun out of.
I added, what I hope, is a fun element about your dislike of horses for the character!
I'd love to hear what you liked, loved, or even hated!
Enjoy!
================================================== =

“… and so, the mighty, foul demon Bar'garius was defeated by the honorable and holy Paladin, Simwat Pureblood of the Holy Order of Neverending Nights!”

The crowd cheered and raised their tankards and clanked them together in celebration. My name is Vandryeen, and I am a Half-Elf Bard that’s spent most of my life traveling around the land “just to see what’s out there.” Something my mother, a beautiful human woman named Jeska, said came from my father’s sense of “wanderlust.” My father was an Elf by the name of Darthun Truestrike, and unlike other Elves, did not care to live in the trees. He’d wanted to experience the world beyond the woods, and that’s how and when he met my father – as she had been fending off bandits. Truth be told, according to both of my parents, my mother needed no help. She was a fierce fighter with soft brown hair and velvet soft green eyes, whose gaze could pierce you like an arrow. My father had been drawn to the fact that she easily downed three of the four bandits on her own.

My father developed a romantic relationship with her, which got him cast out from the Elves, and his surname revoked, due to the shame of romancing a human. When I was born into the world, they both filled me with endless amounts of love; as well as tell me the endless tales of their adventures. My father used to laugh at how sometimes he would simply sit back and let my mother do all the fighting and only step in if someone was trying to strike her from behind.

As I grew older, my parents continued to love me completely and fill my mind with more and more stories of their adventures. My father, who was well versed in the Orcish tongue taught me one phrase that always made him laugh, “Can you pass the salt.” I had asked when I would ever use such a phrase and he explained that when they found Orc encampments; that were always the first thing he’d say to the unsuspecting orcs to get their attention.

My parents bestowed upon me knowledge of their own encounters; everything from the subterranean Beholders and Mind Flayers, to the magically forged creatures such as Owlbears and Displacer Beasts; and even told me of the ways of the Giants – from Hill Giants to Storm Giants; it’d seemed my parents had led a full and glorious life.

I wanted what they had; someone to love so deeply, but also, the same experiences. To go out into the world and have adventures that would teach me about things; other cultures, so that when the day came that I brought a child into this world, I would have my own stories and knowledge to share with them.

When I was old enough to travel on my own my father purchased me a horse to travel on; a horse by the name of Aragus. Aragus and I have a very rocky relationship. He doesn’t always appreciate having someone riding on his back; and at times, will simply halt to eat food. This has caused me to have a general dislike of horses; but I’ve never gotten rid of Aragus.

Yet, anyway.