Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
Since they were in the mist for thirty-six years, I think the range is a bit wider, but that's how I extrapolated, yeah.
That'd put us to mid 1870s at the earliest, then. Not that I think that Disney is that fixated on an actual canonical timeframe. It's "fantasy" time period, and probably not much more than that. But amusing, sort of, to pin it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
I didn't like the movie that much, because it felt like all the sub plots fell flat.
Spoiler
Show

Tearing down the dam - they could have just.... Taken a bit of time to do it? Like, Anna could have died in her plan and then they would be stuck with no one even knowing the dam is the problem. Did she have any reason to think it needed to be done without even talking to anyone about it?

Hah.

Spoiler
Show
No, there's no particular reason why Anna should even know about the dam. She jumps from realizing that the king is the aggressor to just assuming that. Which happens to be correct, because plot, but it is not conveyed to her on screen.

That whole plot is basically just the Heart of Tefiti from Moana recycled and mashed in to fit.

Overall I found the film generally enjoyable despite the plot being...not great. I didn't get bored in the theater, anyways, and I didn't actively hate it. But I certainly can't call it a GOOD plot.