Quote Originally Posted by Dire_Flumph View Post
The DO cleric would be the first time the Snarl encountered a quiddity other than its own. That might have given it pause and spared him and explain why he'd be around.

Edit: Sorry, realized I didn't really answer your question. I know the fates of Kraagor and Serini are up in the air, I'm not 100% sure they are alive and even if they are, I'm not sure they'll be used as a "major ally" other than some exposition. Seems too pat, but that's just my opinion. But the way I see things possibly shaking out is:

1. DO cleric falls into the rift way back when. It has the purple quiddity as a result of being a DO cleric. Snarl spares him (curiosity possibly or something else)
The DO cleric wouldn't have a purple quiddity. All creations in the mortal world have the quiddity combo of the blue-yellow-red, reflecting their creators. Unless the Dark One has created his own mortals - and there's no indication that he has - they wouldn't have his quiddity as part of their being. The goblinoids were all created by the existing crop of gods as part of this world - worshipping the Dark One wouldn't change their innate essence.

It's also unlikely that the Dark One has made his own creations, as Thor says anything created out of one quiddity alone is ephemeral and not-lasting. It's not "real" enough.

Durkon and Minrah are clerics of the Northern gods, but their quiddities are still CMYK, not yellow. The same goes for any Dark One clerics as well.