View Single Post

Thread: Grappler build

1. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Grappler build

Quote Originally Posted by HiveStriker View Post
    *Sigh* How many times will I get to read this?
    Probably lots since those seem like niche builds to me and a grappler is already very niche to begin with. Too many adversaries are already immune to grappling by virtue of size, or flat out immunity like Water Wireds.

Still kudos for finding areas where it would be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by HiveStriker View Post
    With that said, the real value of Grappler, as in all feats, will depend on many things: own character, party composition, and ability to teamwork. For example, if you have a Barbarian and a melee Battlemaster, chances are you'll manage most of the time to coordinate to Shove the creature and gang upon it, so then whatever class you are Grappler would rarely come into play.
    Here I wholeheartedly agree. Because even in your above examples you could be a Kobold, or be standing next to a Wolf Totem Barbarian, or using a Shadow Blade in dim light or darkness, or using the optional Flanking Rules (which I actually don't recommended to anyone), or any other means of gaining advantage on attack roles.

In the course of a combat I have found a single attack to shove is a pretty trivial cost, especially when weighed against an ASI which I will never get back, but that is just my experience.
    Last edited by GlenSmash!; 2020-01-16 at 02:17 PM.