View Single Post

Thread: Urban Druid

1. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Urban Druid

I had a similar concept with different implementation: Goblin Land Druid (Underdark) with the Urchin background. I wanted to emphasize his sneaky side in combat by having him emphasize his use of Bonus Action hide, concentration spells, and Thorn Whip to drag enemies back into hazards or towards/away from allies.

For your setup, I like the idea of playing up the arcane side of things with ritual casting in theory. In practice, rituals can be situational and hard to use, especially when burgling. I might talk to your DM also, just to make sure they’re good to make learning new rituals something that you’ll get chances to do. Some tend to forget unless you poke them, and others set an extremely high bar because they believe it’s unbalanced.

The Magic Initiate idea I like a lot. Rogues can get a whole lot of use out of Mage Hand in general, but as a Druid who spends a lot of time in animal management, you’ll probably want it even MORE. It’s tough not having hands when you need to open a door. Heck, why not activate Mage Hand, Wildshape into a squirrel, and have your own Mage hand pick you up and fly you over the obviously trapped floor?
    Last edited by Mercurias; 2020-01-19 at 10:28 AM.