1. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: How could I fit in GWM or xbow expert on a sorcerer?

Quote Originally Posted by SquirtleSquad View Post
    Title kind of explains it all, trying to fit in either GWM or crossbow expert onto a 9th level sorcerer that should have at least 7 levels of Divine soul.
    @people suggesting 3 levels of Warlock, I remind that OP asked for GWM or Xbow Expert on a *Sorcerer*. Not a dual-class.

On topic: for a pure Sorcerer I'd definitely favor XBE. I'd be afraid of taking a bad hit if in melee, and unless you really built your Sorcerer that will happen often.
    Of course, if you are not against multiclassing, even just one level of Warlock should cover you AC-wise (medium armor + short-rest Shield).

With that said I'm not sure to understand why you would want either?
    As far as bonus action go, as a Divine Soul you should already have several rounds where you want to use bonus action on a spell (Healing Words, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith). You could also learn Spiritual Weapon to up your damage if that's really your thing.
    Or grab Spell Sniper with Eldricht Blast, that you could potentially Quicken.

If you really want to go into melee instead, a Booming Blade/GreenFlame Blade paired with an upcast Shadow Blade will deal a level of hurt similar to a Rogue of comparative level.
    And you can always pair that with another Quickened Booming Blade, or a Quickened Guiding Bolt cast before you reach melee range to ensure the BB lands.

What exactly did you have in mind with either of those feats?
    Last edited by HiveStriker; 2020-01-21 at 08:01 AM.