View Single Post

Thread: Mummy's Mask - Shifting Sands [IC]

1. - Top - End - #495
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Mummy's Mask - Shifting Sands [IC]

Lehasti snorts dismissively at the idea of allowing the Mask out of their sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    "Tabiry knows about 'em. She knows I was planning to run. She didn't object - she's too good a person for that. Bringing you to her wasn't the plan, but..."
    Lehasti's face is uncharacteristically drawn. "As young master Sabef proves, mere innocence is not enough to protect one from the clutches of this cult. I know not what measures you have taken to protect this friend," the paladin says to Sunset, "but I suspect that if they do not already know of your relationship, they will soon discover it when they realize that their mission tonight has failed. The danger is already upon her; she can but choose her response to it."

"Although... you say that the cult sought the Mask that we hold. Who else knows- or even suspects- that we bear that burden? I am not accustomed to subterfuge," the paladin's brows furrow in thought and concern, "but if secrecy is the price we must pay for the safety of innocents, then pay it we must."
    Last edited by JWallyR; 2020-01-22 at 02:45 PM.
    Lehasti Gesmeha and Azkin for Mummy's Mask
    Morevek for Wrath of the Righteous
    Janstina Silentall for Age of Worms