1. - Top - End - #1037
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: MERC XVIII: Affordable Misdeeds and Friendly Canines

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Mountain Ritual]

Her mom smiles. "Know better than to always trust your eyes, sweetie. Things are different. You just need the right perspective to see it. I'll show you when we are somewhere more comfortable, 'kay? Since it's only going to get darker now and we don't want to be out here in the middle of the night now do we?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Mountain Ritual]

"Okay, let's go then." Natharia says, stifling her impatience. It can't be that long of a walk before she gets the answers she wants, right? "Where's this place we're going?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller
    [Seeking Shelter]

Shanti carefully approaches the base with Natharia in tow and knocks on the door three times before stepping back in the view of the surveillance camera and waits for someone to answer.

We’re seeking shelter.” She loudly declares I’m case anyone inside can hear them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar
    [Seeking Shelter]

Natharia looks around curiously. She's since put the toque back on during the walk over. This place is so cold. "What is this place again?"
    [Seeking Shelter]

"The base of a group of mercenaries. People that are paid to use force." Shanti explains briefly. "Soldiers for hire, essentially."
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty
    [Seeking Shelter]

The door slides open, revealing a tall, gangly Kroot standing behind and looking at the two sceptically.

"We're not really in the business of providing shelter, but you can come in for a moment."
    [Seeking Shelter]

What in a the world was that? A demon? Likely not... “A moment? I was intending to stay until the weather improved at least. Or get a ride back into town.” She had honestly not expected it to be this easy to be allowed inside though. With all these cameras she had expected... well, she wasn’t sure. But not just getting invited in.

Not that she was going to say no. She makes her way inside and have Natharia come with her as she takes her hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar
    [Seeking Shelter]

Natharia stares at the kroot openly as soon as the door opens. He sure is different looking than anyone she's met before. "Hi, I'm Natharia. What's your name?" She adjusts her sunglasses carefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty
    [Seeking Shelter]

The Kroot steps aside. "I'm, uh, Zeerko," she says, taken aback by Natharia's forwardness. Behind the door the two will see MERC's main hall with a variety of mercenaries loitering inside. "I don't think anyone will mind if you step in, but I don't know about staying longer. We are running a business here."
    [Seeking Shelter]

"Are you one of the mercenaries?" She follows up, being no less forward. He may note that her eyes wander to really take him in. She has more questions like, 'What are you?' but she hasn't figured out how to ask that one politely yet.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2020-02-23 at 05:19 PM.