Hello again. I'm still clinging to the first edition of Chronicles of Darkness game (I'm moving on! I used the proper name for the game system. Mostly because I would otherwise make a comment about using NWoD for first edition and CoD for the second edition. Which I have now done.). Well. Had two ideas related to Mage the Awakening.

First. Have it so that the term Exarchs is used for two related but different things. Specifically the term refers to two things similar to the Watchtowers and the Oracles. There are the "Thrones" which are the grand ideas in the Supernal realm. And then their are the Exarchs who are ascended Mages who have a complicated relationship with the "Thrones" where they sort of rule them, sort of serve them, sort of are them. So things like Ochemata are manifestations of Exarchs but not the Thrones. Also the random "Atlantean" ruins are remnants of timelines that Exarchs came from and are part of how they maintain control of the world, not by any particular function but just by the act of existing they help link the Supernal to the Fallen. And not all Exarchs come from the same timeline so while some have a variety of ancient ruins other Exarchs are connected in more unusual ways that I have not taken the time to imagine.

The other idea was a mage character. He would probably be a veteran because it is the simplest backstory to write for the idea. Basically he and a close friend were injured and hospitalized. Character made it, friend did not. The experience led to him awakening as a Thyrsus. The Scottish song about the low road and the high road home played a major role in the awakening. He is haunted by the ghost of his friend and has some fascination with death. If I was writing it the central mystery would include the fact that his friend awakened as he was dying causing stuff to happen. Moros might be a better fit, I originally suggested Thyrsus because I was originally thinking about a homebrewed set of Watchtowers I like which has a Life Death path.