Quote Originally Posted by Citadel97501 View Post
Hey I was wondering if anyone has worked out a build on this threat that takes advantage of their familiars? I was thinking that the Variant Class Features UA would allow some really nasty tricks, specifically Investment of the Chain Master? I am still sure Find Steed & Find Greater Steed is going to be a bit better throughout your levels but this is still interesting.

Just off the top of my head
For example an Order Cleric 6/Chain Warlock 2 with a good Spell DC of 16? This would let it make 2 attacks at the improved DC for multiple poison attacks.
-Imp's poison being boosted up to DC 16+ for an extra 3d6 poison damage.
-Sprite: Poison status and/or Knockout at dc 16+.
-Pseudodragon: Poison status and/or Knockout at DC 16+.
Sadly, you run into an action limit - Warlock familiars still can't take the Attack action themselves, and both of the "hey, guy, make an attack!" features take the target's reaction. You need to get to Chain Warlock 9 before your familiar can have two attacks, and then it takes up all of your actions. If you want a combat familiar, you'll want to grab Dragon's Breath as part of a Sorlock build, because then your little buddy can fly around and vomit elemental damage on enemies.

The real issue is that familiars die from a single solid hit/AoE, and that there generally isn't an easy way to make them more durable.