View Single Post

Thread: MTG Share your Card Designs II

1. - Top - End - #562
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: MTG Share your Card Designs II

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    Wow now THAT'S clever! O_O

Hummm... Ok, I know Im bad at this and I know it's not my place to adjust something like this but... What would you think of this instead:

Orlov, Chief Inquisitor - 1WWW
    Legendary Creature - Human Cleric
    Pay 5 life: Create a 1/1 spirit flying creature token.
    Each time a creature token you control attacks to your opponents, investigate.
    3/4

While I liked your creation just now but I like the FEEL of this above. Use your life to create Spirit tokens and make then attack to get clues.
    Thank you.

Your card is pretty nice. Few quibbles.
    Templating should be "Whenever a token creature you control", since the ability is triggered.
    Second quibble is that attacking token is much easier than nontoken. Especially, since this can generate it's own token. In commander, you could generate a bunch of these (40 life limit) and attack and whatever.
    Third is that so far, only Vampires could pay life for effect, at least in Pioneer (in Modern there is the Planar Chaos' Crovax, Planar Chaos is the edition they decided to break everything for ****s and giggles). It's a minor one, but good to keep in mind.
    Look at this search:
    https://scryfall.com/search?q=o%3Apa...order=released

Only ones that pay life for effect is Adanto Vanguard and Glorifier of Dusk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaman View Post
    I'm glad you removed the Emminence, that was too much. As it is now it's quite nice.
    I'm not quite sold on the flavor that a chief inquisitor draws cards of sacrificing any artifact, but that's my only complaint.
    Yeah, went through few iteration with Discord, they thought the Eminence was bad. I'm not a commander player, I thought it was decent.

Eh, it's more of a demonstration. But in flavor would be he gets other humans to investigate for him (nontokens), and the more artifact the purges, the more followers (tokens) he gets.
    I didn't count enemy artifacts, because I didn't want to make this an anti-artifact deck.

Bah. Had a fun idea about Planeswalker Auras
    Last edited by -D-; 2020-03-20 at 06:41 AM.