Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
So I'm joining a 5e PbP, and was thinking heavily about making a Rigger. What's a good Priority to start with for that kind of character?

Currently I have:

A.) Skills
B.) Resources
C.) Attributes
D.) Metatype (Human)
E.) Magic (none).

But I'm not sure about those top three; whether skills, attributes, or resources is the most important factor in a character. I get the niggling feeling I've made a mistake putting attributes at C since literally everybody else has Attributes set as A, so what makes them so much more important than other factors, if at all?
The main reason why Attributes A is important is because for everyone who might get into a firefight, Reaction, Intuition, and Agility are all key; if you use magic or don't want to be screwed over by magic, Willpower is important; and Body and Charisma are two things everyone should really want a bit of.

So 4 points in Reaction, Intuition, and Agility each is already 12 points; 2 points in each of Willpower, Body, and Charisma brings you to 18 points/priority B already.

(That said, Resources A/Attributes B is usually better for the characters who don't care about essence. I've got a pet Resources A/Attr B/Metatype (Human) C/Magic D/Skills E Street Samurai build that gets its Str/Agi from Redliner and a Liminal (Tauric) lower half and 7 Edge to make up for its lackluster non-combat skills.)

That tangent aside, for a rigger, definitely Resources A. It gets you a lot of fun toys and software for your drones, and if you really want the extra skills, well, you can do silly things with Restricted Gear for a rating 3 move-by-wire or rating 6 Skillwires + Activesofts to buy the skills you're missing.

I'll also float the notion that EWar is really nice to have at a good value. Given that many cars aren't even equipped with a manual transmission, Jammer + usual spam zone Noise means that a lot of cars just won't function, winning you the chase easily.