Karl says wryly, "Not to feed your paranoia, but you probably are being watched. If we are lucky, then the kindred of Europe are merely curious as to why your husband was killed by a kindred on their turf. If we are really lucky, in order to avoid a masquerade breach they might even be there to protect you in case the assassin comes back. Either way, if it is them, then they'll get their answers shortly."

"Still, best to avoid contact. We do not know for sure that it is the Invictus of the UK, nor can we be entirely sure of their of their intentions. If you need to go out, stay in crowded areas as much as you can. When settling down for the night, make sure the doors and windows are secure. Though I suspect you were thinking about that already."

"Listen, I need to talk with the lawyers as well while I can. Stay safe Fred, we'll get you home soon. Go ahead and call this number if you need to talk to me about anything sensitive, should be safe enough compared to my regular line."

If that was all from his nephew, Karl calls the lawyer firm next, quickly confirming his identity for them and asking for an update.