Lady Miho grins at the reply and says, "I think it is some sort of dark spirit. Maybe one of suffering or death. It's damn territorial, that is for sure. Pass me the bouquet. " She reaches a hand back towards Autumn without looking, and the Ghoul passes her a small garland made of what appears to be withered dried husks of garlic tied to trio of similarly desiccated sun flowers. The item smells strongly of garlic and cloves and rot.

Lady Miho raises the totem up towards the monstrosity on the ceiling, causing it to recoil with a loud low moan. Lady Miho's grin widens to become a predatory sneer of satisfaction, and triumphantly she says "Perhaps we can engage in diplomacy still!"

"Yes, let's meet tomorrow before seeing the Prince," Alejandro says, before adding condescendingly, "and please make sure to come well fed. We wouldn't want any... slips, if you know what I mean." With that he hangs up.

(OOC: Fast forward to the next night?)

Mr. Bradshaw's response is flat. "It would likely take some time," he says in his heavy accent, "the footage is currently considered evidence. I suspect my office may receive a copy in a number of days if we request it, and if the courts allow it, I can have my office send you a digital file."

That's unfortunately not all that uncommon, it's a hazard of the profession, but if this attack was something targeted rather than just random violence, it might have been an attempt to get to me through Frederick. I hope to get to the bottom of this as swiftly as possible, especially since Frederick may still be at risk."
"Oh, it was most certainly a targeted attack Mr. Bauer," Bradshaw says. When he again speaks up it is clear that he is carefully choosing his words, or at least wants Karl to believe he is trying to, "It is clear from the footage that the room was targeted. But, I question your notion that it has much to do with you. Pardon my impertinence, but you are aware of your grandson's... lifestyle, shall we call it?"