Welcome to HP Werewolf!

From the recruitment thread:
Spoiler: Recruitment thread first post
Show

It was an ordinary day at Hogwarts. Dumbledore was twinkling, Snape was sneering, Malfoy was plotting, and Hermione was studying. And Harry, of course, was probably being clueless about something or other.

Suddenly, the doors opened with a loud crash! Voldemort entered, flanked by several masked Death Eaters.

"But it's not June yet!" Hermione complained. "I just started revising for exams!"

"This does seem to be an unusual time for your antics, Tom" Dumbledore agreed.

Voldemort, ignoring them, smashed a bottle on the floor. Suddenly, the room filled with fog. As it cleared, people looked around in confusion. Where did the Death Eaters go? And who were all these people beside them?

"MWAHAHAHA", boomed Voldemort's voice, apparently coming out of nowhere. "THIS POTION WILL STOP ALL YOU FOOLS FROM RECOGNIZING EACH OTHER AS WE SOW TERROR BY KILLING YOU ONE BY ONE. AM I NOT BRILLIANT?"

"Uh, why are you leaving us extra time to figure out who you are instead of just killing us all at once?"

"Shut up! Do you want him to change that plan?"

"DO NOT QUESTION MY BRILLIANCE!"

------

This will be a fairly typical game of Werewolf/Mafia, except that a) everyone will have some sort of power/night action and b) none of the power roles are revealed in advance.

If you have not played Werewolf, the rules are in the following spoiler. There is also more information in the Werewolf Central thread.
If you have played before, feel free to skip this spoiler. (Or read it and tell me all the things I probably forgot to put in it )
Spoiler: General Werewolf Rules
Show

Werewolf, also known as Mafia, is basically a game of an informed minority versus an uninformed majority. A small group of players are designated "wolves" (or Death Eaters, in this case) and are trying to kill all the other players. The rest of the players are "villagers" (or "town") and are trying to kill all the wolves first. There may also be some neutral roles, which have their own win conditions.

The wolves (usually) all know the identities of all the wolves. The rest of the players do not know which players are wolves.

The game alternates between two phases, day and night. During the day, people discuss and vote for the person who they want to lynch that day. At the end of the day, that person is killed (removed from the game), and their role is revealed.
The night phase then starts. The wolves pick one player to kill. Also, some players (or everyone, in this case) may have power roles, which allow them to do something special at night. Some common ones are the Seer (who picks one person and sees what side they're on, or their role) and the Baner (who picks one person and prevents them from dying if they would otherwise have died that night).

Game ends when all wolves are dead or when the wolves' victory is guaranteed. Usually victory is guaranteed when the wolves outnumber the villagers (because they can choose who is lynched as well as who is killed at night), but depending on power roles this may not always be the case.

The following are rules that are almost always true on this site, but may not be true on other sites or in IRL games:
  • The day always ends in the same amount of time, regardless of whether a majority of votes is reached.
  • The person with the most votes is lynched at the end of the day, regardless if they have a majority of votes or not.
  • Villagers and wolves win if their side wins, regardless of whether they are killed. (Neutral win conditions usually include "must survive the game", although there are exceptions.)
  • Kills and night powers are discussed/used on a site called QuickTopic, where you can essentially create an anonymous forum-style thread. You don't need an account. The narrator will send a QT to anyone who wants it.

Some rules specific to this game:
  • Days and nights will both be 48 hours long (this is open to discussion)
  • Feel free to PM each other as long as I'm included in the PM, however, you can't send links to the QT I sent you or screenshots of your role PM. (You can, however, create a new QT for longer discussions. In fact, please do, it will free up my inbox more.)
  • Players that do not post for two day/night cycles will be auto-lynched at the end of the second day. Making night actions or posting in your QT does not count to prevent autolynch. (This is mostly to avoid people deducing things from whether someone is autolynched.)
  • Votes should be written in red. I would prefer that you cross out old votes when making new ones, but if not, the last vote made will be counted as your final vote.
  • I'll probably give the wolves a few villager roles that they can safely fake-claim (i.e. roles that don't actually exist in the game) in order to prevent the game being broken by making everyone claim.
  • EDIT: Forgot to say this when I first wrote this post - ties will be broken by lynching whoever reaches the tie number of votes first. This is first during the entire day, e.g. if A reaches 4 votes, then A goes down to 3 votes, then B reaches 4 votes, then A goes back up to 4 votes, A will be lynched.
  • The narration will probably not get any better. I make no guarantees that it will not get worse. There is a reason I majored in math and not English.

Adding this here for anyone who didn't see the edit on the recruitment thread: Ties are broken by lynching the person who reaches the tie number of votes first. This is first during the entire day, e.g. if A reaches 4 votes, then A goes down to 3 votes, then B reaches 4 votes, then A goes back up to 4 votes, A will be lynched.

Player list:
1. Caerulea
2. Valmark
3. kgato503
4. AvatarVecna
5. flat_footed
6. DukeGod
7. gac3
8. Xihirli
9. Duck999
10. Snowblaze
11. JeenLeen
12. Lord Athos
13. CaoimhinTheCape
14. Captain Cap
15. Mrs. McGinty
16. JoyWonderLove
17. flyinglemur

BEGIN DAY 1. It will end at 11 PM EST on April 21st.