Hishka does not respond to Lydia, instead leading them to where its viper animal companion has been blocking the passage. With a hiss it directs the snake out of the way and then watches the party pass silently, its reptilian eyes betraying no emotion or thoughts.

The party walks past one opening in the tree roots on their right (from whence they came moments earlier) before coming to a small alcove. To the north and west is Shukak's chamber and to the south and west is the tribe's egg chamber. A large knot of roots and earth block the view of the lair of the lizard king, but around either side can be seen daylight - apparently the king's chamber has some natural lighting from above.

I have placed the party on the map. Please apply one move action to your PCs (as you wish) before starting combat. Due to your haste you have only lost an additional four rounds of duration on any buffs. If you wish to do anything more before combat (such as Lydia's spell) apply it now.

I have rolled initiative already so we can begin combat without any further delay. After everyone has applied a move action to enter the room Olofire and Amearin act, then Shukak, and then the party as a block.

Upon entering the chambers of the lizardfolk king, the PCs find a large room with a raised, throne-like area at the western end built out of wood and large animal bones. The ground in front of the throne is dry but appears stained with old blood. Behind the throne is a pool in which you can hear the splashing of fish.

Spoiler: Image of Shukak
Show

Upon seeing the party enter his throne room, a strong-looking lizardfolk with mottled pattern of black scales, forward sweeping horns, and a finely detailed metallic trident leaps up from where he has reclined. With a reptilian scream the lizard king grows to the size of an ogre as the very sunlight seems to briefly fade. "Adventurers...Well, I've killed your kind before. Come and meet your death on the end of my trident!" he spits, his deep voice lacking the usual lisp of the other lizardfolk.

Spoiler: Linguistics DC 10
Show
Shukak learned to speak common in a major city like Greyhawk.

Spoiler: Linguistic DC 20
Show
He projects his voice as if used to speaking in an arena. He likely learned Common in the Free City Arena in Greyhawk.

Spoiler: Perception DC 20
Show
Shukak's Trident is of at least masterwork quality, possibly enchanted. He is also wearing several other items that could be magical in nature.

Begin Combat! (Please call this "Round 0," Albinobrow and MuffinMan.)