View Single Post

Thread: The Age of Warriors (Project Revived!)

1. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Age of Warriors (Project Revived!)

Quote Originally Posted by Just to Browse View Post
    Like I said, this could possibly be a thing. I mean, it could be that non-psi characters who dip into psi classes heavily structure their build to meet prereqs so they can qualify for 1-2 extra PP...
    I was saying that re: the PoW method. If not going that way, that's not a problem, but then it's too stingy for non-psychs.

I was looking at psionic focus expenditure as a one-time combat preparation.
    Yeah that could be a good class feature.

Having just tried it, I agree. But given the seed of the idea was a variant psychic warrior, I don't think dramatically reworking power access and/or adding a suite of new abilities is a good idea.
    It's ok. Thus far, for the classes that get big overhauls (PairODice's swashbuckler redo, my soulborn redo) it's basically making them a whole new class. You should feel free to add what you want. The only case where the variant class vs new class distinction makes much difference is for ACFs, so the place continuity matters is leaving in class features that can be traded for ACFs you want them to be able to access. For psywar I think there's just that soulbound weapon ACF, which is no loss.

Sublime PsyWar results: I tried out some builds for the SGT, and full access to maneuvers is definitely too much.
    IMO it's important. Again I'd recommend handicapping their powers before handicapping their maneuvers. If there are any SG maneuvers you think are too strong, those can also be nerfed.

a dedicated base class that gets 1 discipline + a handful of class features associated with each discipline. You could give it a funny name like disciple.
    We have the Master of One prc, and there's nothing barring a base class from taking all 1 discipline maneuvers. Possibly there could be ACFs for crusaders/warblades/swordsages focused strongly on one of the nine.

only real issue was that save DCs are pretty meh
    Changed SG key abilities to all of Int, Wis, Cha. Definitely they shouldn't have split stats.
    Last edited by Elves; 2020-06-14 at 01:21 PM.
    Join the 3.5e Discord server: https://discord.gg/ehGFz6M3nJ