View Single Post

Thread: My Little Pony C: Friendship Carries On

1. - Top - End - #657
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony C: Friendship Carries On

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    Looks like Celestia let Sunset Shimmer win. Maybe she's looking for an excuse to hang out with a fellow biker or wants to have a hand in guiding Sunset's development? I wonder if she sees a little of herself reflected in her.

I love these drawings. I really appreciate the attention to various details as well; the little ears on Sunset Shimmer's helmet, the drawing of the individual components of the bikes, Celestia's Sol Invicta emblem, the little jewels reflecting the elements of harmony hanging from chains on Twilight's crown.
    Funny enough, you're the first person to have caught what Rainbow Dash was inquiring Celestia about, because as far as seasoned rider Dashie can tell, Celestia let Sunset win. XD I like to think Celestia has multiple reasons to try to become closer to Sunset. She was one of the reasons why Sunset was so untouchable during her reign, and now Celestia feels responsible for Sunset's corruption and wants to play a more active role in Sunset's redemption. Since Sunset now is into motorcycling, Principal Celestia has a way to connect.

Thank you for seeing those! :) I love adding such lore-tinged details in my drawings.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHamsterBean View Post
    I’ve been follow along on DeviantArt: it’s been quite the journey.

The shot of Sunset lying stunned in a crater was super evocative. The expression on her face was well chosen and implemented.

It kind of reminds me of something you might see on a Magic card actually: “Exile target creature,” flavor text: “You will never rule in Equestria.”

Also, Pinkie on a motorcycle is deeply unnerving for some reason... you wonder what modifications she has made to that bike.
    At this point how can we be certain that bike is even a bike? I for one would not be surprised if that turns out to be an Autobot. :P

The ATG2020 has concluded today. Here's the rest of the pages!
    Spoiler: ATG2020 comes to an end.
    Show

Last edited by meto30; 2020-07-05 at 08:33 AM.
    Unus Mundus, Una Veritas, Unum Imperium.