Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
Gaining the patterns as you level doesn't feel quite right.
On the other hand, if I think about a 1st level character learning to play this class, having to memorize all 4 patterns from the get-go is a high barrier to entry. Personally I would space it out so that you learn 1 per level for the first 4 levels, or something similar to that.

I think I'll go with remaking the Gunslinger.
And there are valid reasons to remake it, too. The Grit-Deeds mechanic, like a lot of PF's "point pools", seems a little bit annoying to track and a maneuver system could be a better experience. Meanwhile, the other half of their class abilities are just bonus feats which is kind of lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by D&D_Fan View Post
Gunslinger sounds good, but are the rules for firearms going to be the same?
Pathfinder makes guns into ranged touch attacks, though I read that in the first draft of their gun rules, guns would instead ignore a certain amount of armor/natural armor when rolling to hit. So you could do that, and give guns a "penetration" value -- penetration 5 means you ignore 5 points of armor or natural armor, or 5 points of each (depending on whether double dipping is allowed). But for abstraction's sake it may be fine to stick with DMG rules -- remember the average IRL person has 3 to 10 hit points, so they're going to be dead either way.

Primal, it's up to you if you want to do the armor penetration thing or just roll with DMG stats.