Quote Originally Posted by KatsOfLoathing View Post
Gonna go ahead and assume you're talking about the MCU takes on these characters.

When we say "Hulk", do we mean Bruce Banner or Incredible Hulk? They have very different temperaments and moral concerns. I'd argue that neither of them is Chaotic Good, honestly. Bruce himself strikes me as more Neutral Good, while Hulk is more Chaotic Neutral with occasional CG leanings, especially in the later films when he mellows out a little. I guess that averages out to Chaotic Good. Shrug.

Captain America is probably NG just like Iron Man is. He tries to follow the rule of law, but he doesn't have any trouble breaking it if he thinks that's the better way to help people. For evidence, see his actions... pretty much throughout Civil War and Infinity War.

I would probably swap Ultron and Thanos on the Lawful/Chaotic thing. Thanos' ultimate goal is genociding half of all life in the universe, but he's respectful to his enemies, shows clear signs of standards and principles (if ones extremely twisted by his fatalist worldview), honors deals he makes, and is overall the kind of person you probably wouldn't mind having on your team if he wasn't, y' know, a mass-murdering space warlord. Ultron, on the other hand, talks the game of a messiah figure who wants the best for humanity, but his motives and his plan shift constantly, and they always ultimately boil down to "kill a ton of people because Daddy Stark didn't program a conscience". He doesn't really have the scruples I'd associate with an LE character, nor the pragmatism of an NE character.
Bruce Banner is Lawful Neutral and the Incredible Hulk is Chaotic Good. As for Thanos alignment, I thought that he's Chaotic Evil, Neutral Evil is more likely to fit his alignment. Maybe Lawful Evil.