View Single Post

Thread: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown XII

1. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown XII

Ludo & Adelbert

Nobby hurried out to return with Gill. Walking slowly with the help of his stick, the ancient halfling settled into the comfiest chair, next to the unlit fireplace, and listened to Ludo's questions.

"'Fraid that's older history than I am, young Stubbs," he said. "Those ruins have always been there. Why, when I was just a sprog, my granny would tell me there was whole towns and cities out there under the sand, from back when the Waste was green. Appearin' and disappearin' as the dunes shift over 'em."

"'Course, there's a few folks gone looking for it, over the years. I remember a fellow back when I was a young thing like yourself. Trader on the desert road, head full of bold ideas, saw the ruins off to the west and tried to reach 'em. Said he could see the ruins standing by a silver lake, but as he walked towards them they retreated further and further away away. Ran out of water and had to be rescued by one of our caravans. Taught him not to trust the desert, for certain."

"Last lot I heard went out there was some tall folk out of Greasy Drop - must've been four, five years back?" He shrugged. "Never heard if they found anything. They might not've made it back - the Raven Hills folk don't take kindly to people poking about in the Waste."
    Last edited by LCP; 2020-08-03 at 01:11 PM.
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X