[Cormorant House]

"Fine fine, I'll wear the gloves,"
Magdalene gripes, slinging her actually pretty good shape leather backpack off onto the ground. Whatever the leather came from isn't immediately identifiable and its brass fittings are in good repair. It seems like one of the few things she's got that ISN'T garbage. She pullers her gloves off and stuffs them in the bag, then puts the new ones on. Her hands are briefly in view, the veins in her left arm glowing that deep ruby shade. Then the pack is slung onto her back again. "Alright, there, done since it's so important to you. If we get eaten by zombies because I'm under-geared I'm blaming you."

As bright a ray of sunshine as ever.

Also visible for the first time is the other possession of Mags' that isn't garbage. A targe strapped to her pack. Polish hard wood with a layer of oxidized bronze over the outside to yield greater protection. The round shield is about as wide as her forearm and ringed with wooden teeth that look like oversized rose-thorns. An embossed crest of polished bronze on the front of the shield displays a skull that looks simultaneously like a wolf and a stag.

Then?

She'll follow the detective back toward the car. Magdalene seems almost hyper vigilant of her surroundings, looking this way and that in a fashion that's a weird mix between neurotic and casual. How does she manage to make something like keeping an eye out for flesh eating monsters seem smooth?

"Two ways. You can tap the thing on the other side but it takes something from you, too," Mags explains. "Things that make pacts, they always want something. Power never comes for free."

[SciTech Laboratories]

"AAAAAAAH!"

Yep.

He's yelling alright.

"AAAAAAAAH!"

Really loudly.

"YOU CRUSHED MY ******* HAND!" he screams, cursing at the 'hero'.

If the others were nearby he probably could have just yelled for them to begin with instead of using the walkie talkie, but if he keeps up the hollering then that'll probably still cause problems before too long.

What is Cascade going to do about it?