1. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Bink's WotR part 2: The Gray Garrison and beyond!

Somehow the magic keeping Waylan aloft does not falter, even though he is wracked with surprise and pain. After what seems like an eternity his vision clears enough to discern Aurora again - now on her feet but making no hurry to engage the demoness. "Erastil, give me strength!" he whispers as he quickly casts a spell, bolstering his physical might. Then he slings his bow over his shoulder and swoops down, attempting to seize Aurora and lift her clear of the mass of demons! "I'm coming! Give me your arm!"

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Cast Bull's Strength on self, increasing STR to 16.

Intention is to fly down to Aurora, grab her, and then fly diagonally up and back towards the portal.

Movement speed is 60ft fly + 50ft haste - 20ft heavy load = 90ft. With two move actions thanks to Mythic Haste we have 180ft to work with.

It's 60ft down to get Aurora. Then, flying 120ft at 30 degree angle would result in ~100ft horizontal movement and ~60ft vertical movement. So IF all goes according to plan, Waylan and Aurora end up around X/29, 60ft above the ground. But that's a big if.

Effects: Effects: Weapon Focus, Bless, Aspect of the Falcon, Weapon of Awe, Deadly Aim, Mythic Haste, Mythic Rapid Shot, Hawkeye, Protection From Evil, Bull's Strength

Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Waylan Henrickson Human Cleric 6 LG HP 33 / 65 Speed ft Init 6 AC 22 Fort 6 Ref 6 Will 9 CMB +7 BAB 4 +1 Composite Longbow +10 (1d8 + 2, x3)
    MW cold iron heavy mace +6 (1d8 + 1, x2)
    Cold Iron Arrows (, )
    Blunted Arrows (, )
    Dagger +5 (1d4 + 1, 19-20/x2)
    +1 Arrows +9 (+11) (1d8+3 (1d8+2d6+5) , ) Str 12 (3) Dex 18 (4) Con 12 (1) Wis 18 (4) Int 12 (1) Cha 10 (0)
    Last edited by MuffinMan; 2020-09-20 at 01:12 PM.
    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show
    Waylan, Kestros and Auspice (Wrath of the Righteous)

Lydia (Age of Worms - loot tracking)