View Single Post

Thread: [IC] Expedition into Cynosure

1. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: [IC] Expedition into Cynosure

The wall is not hard to disassemble. A few minor collapses occur, but the group effort is able to make a hole big enough for even the party's largest members to crawl through. Tahazu leads the way, emerging in a large room.

It is quickly evident that the "wall" only 15 feet past the opening is but a short, maybe 3 foot wall, in side a larger room. The room is shaped roughly like an "L". To the south, the ruins of low walls made of cut stones creates a sort of mini-maze. Rubble and refuse covers much of the floor.

There are 3 doorways cut into the western wall, with stone doors covering them. The closest door is slightly ajar, but not open enough to see through. On the southern wall, there are 3 doors equally spaced along it, made of stone as well and all closed. To the east, a large alcove contains a single door. The breeze is hard to feel in here, but clearly heads toward the eastern alcove. On the western wall, there is a large bas relief carved into the stone. Above you, the ceiling slopes upward in a large vault, reaching maybe 30 feet near the center of the room.

The walls of this room are clearly carved from the stone, not smooth and nearly perfect like the walls of the tunnel you have been traveling through for the last 15 minutes.

Along the walls of the room, spaced every 10 feet, iron holders for some sort of torches or lanterns are placed into the stone, although no lanterns or torches still reside in them.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    There is a map below. Your character is marked with the first letter of their first name and their color, let me know if it isn't clear. If you feel your character would have entered the room in a different way, let me know and I will adjust it.

Assume up = north, left = west, right = east, down = south.

The areas marked in red are filled with rubble and will impede movement.

The low walls are the lines in the middle of the room, they can provide cover.

Spoiler: Map
    Show

Last edited by Kid Dynamo; 2020-10-30 at 08:09 PM.