Cheerful Sam
Half-Dragon Warlock | Imp Familiar
AC: 12 HP: 39/39 | AC: 13 HP: 10/10
PP: 10|14 PIv: 15|10 PIs: 11|13
Conditions: --- | --

Dragons cannot sweat. And were it not for this fact, Sam's quilts covering the fancy bed would be soaked through. In the morning, he jerks up with a start, gasping and hyperventilating. "That was... that was worse than the other ones," he breathes out, to himself, pulling up his hands to rub his eyes.

With the room to themselves, and thus Vala not there to see, Grepha had resumed her true form for comfort. Since he hardly needed all of the quilts, Sam had laid out a bed of cloth for her on the floor. When she hears Sam stirring, she stretches and looks up. "Hm. What is it? More of those dreams?" her tail flicks from side to side, like a pleased cat, as she spies an opportunity.

"There were so many corpses. Everywhere. The kobolds we saved, miners, all kinds of people. It even wanted me to kill you, but... take back my soul? You don't have my soul," Sam tosses aside his blankets and sits off the side of the bed, reaching for the wash basin and splashing his face.

"It sounds like this power is beginning to be too much to bear," Grepha speaks sympathetically, hopping up onto the desk that formerly belonged to Tranzig, so as to speak at eye level. "Perhaps we can find some way to lighten the load."

"If this is some kind of deal for my soul you super picked the wrong day, Grepha."

"No, no deals. Just an idea. Can't I want to help?" she asks, cracking a grin as Sam looks at her with doubt. "Okay, maybe there is something in it for me, but no Faustian bargains or anything like that. You could say the deed is its own reward." When Sam doesn't interrupt and looks at her expectantly, she continues her explanation, "This is an... unusual power. But very clearly an Evil one. If the weight is beginning to be too much to bear, perhaps you could share the burden with someone else. Considering my soul is yours', it should be relatively easy for you to offload some of that power onto me."

"Give an imp a bunch of evil power?"

"An imp under your control, of course. Who better to bear the power of Evil?"

Leaning forwards with his elbows on his knees, Sam stares at the floor in thought. "Let me think about it." He gets up and starts getting ready. As he goes down to get breakfast, Grepha flies over to land on his shoulder and shifts back into her usual raven form. He wordlessly goes to a table, seemingly not even registering Vala's greeting as he is lost in his own thoughts.