View Single Post

Thread: Ruins of Azlant OOC

1. - Top - End - #309
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Ruins of Azlant OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbink View Post
    Edit: having done some reading, I think Jessica's most likely downtime pursuits are going to be the acquiring of Goods and Influence. I don't see her getting too involved with a business, unless running a church qualifies by these rules, but I do want her to be an involved member of the community. Someone with clout, who can get things done when they need to get done, but doesn't really play the business game. It's easy for me to imagine something like favors for healing townsfolk and their livestock or otherwise generally helping people out. When things get really bad, everyone knows her, and has been helped by her at one point or another, so she has lots of "Capital" to draw on. Does that make sense (and sound satisfying)?
    The capital has to be paid for sooner or later (it costs some money to ackquire eitehr way) and for simplicity of bookkeeping we'll pay on acquision. Therefore, if you do not use the capital, you just sink money. Goods are also somewhat scarce and having tham allocated to you for no purpose does not seem optimal. Other than that, I see no problems with it.
    Last edited by u-b; 2020-12-10 at 01:03 AM.