1. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: DragonBallITP OOC VI: The Asylum for Omnipotent Nutcases

Yes. Sorry I've been caught up in a lot of Sounditp worldbuilding stuff and character sheets, which is a level of preparation that far outstrips this roleplays so as to not to make some of the mistakes I've made here. I'll try to post most often here.

Edit: I think the reason Sounditp is doing so well is because things like its custom rules to encourage the style of roleplay we want and the better planning and knowledge of each other involved. so I'm thinking of trying to do a bit of that for this roleplay, y'know see what works and try to adapt it in a different manner here.

of course, Dragonball doesn't really lend itself to the planning type of fighting style, but to epic battles of world destroying speed and power. I want to make a rule to encourage large flurries of attacks and long descriptions that emphasize cool chains of attacks over the boring near single attack posts we've been having since day one. after all, if we keep doing the one action by action play by play, this will get nowhere. also maybe a rule to make power ups and transformations fun? point is I want to better emulate the style of Dragon Ball Z's combat and its destructive escalating nature.

Edit: I think I know what has been missing: while arcs are good, they are not connected. A good reason why early DBZ and DBitp worked was because it had an overarching plot of overthrowing battling Freeza/Hailing which took more than arc to resolve. thats what has been missing: something to tie into something greater and more grand than arc villains, and I haven't been doing any work to make that happen. I think tis time to think beyond mere arcs and start thinking of a greater plot that unites them. thankfully I already have something in mind....
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-12-26 at 06:17 AM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".