View Single Post

Thread: Personal Woes and Advice 6

1. - Top - End - #587
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Personal Woes and Advice 6

Well, this morning I woke up to the news that my mum (who's been in hospital with COVID related complications)'s conditioned has worsened, and my dad should go in to see her (I offered to drive him, be he insisted he's fine).

On a more selfish level, I suspect I might have been infected too, with milder symptoms (because why not be stuck working retail for a year, but trip over just when I'm supposed to be off for a while). I'm terrified this'll rule out my Gender Confirmation Surgery (which I was overjoyed to hear I'd finally made it to the top of the queue for after 5 years), as my blood test results have been saying my white blood cell count is low...

I had a lot of plans for 2021, but now I haven't got any idea what I'm going to do...

EDIT: My dad called from the hospital, and put my mum on the phone. She repeated "I love you" several times, and wasn't sure if I could hear her (I said I could several times), before my dad reassured her that I'd answered that I can. My dad going in is absolutely the only exception they're making to rules against visitors in the current climate, so...that's all I'm getting.

EDIT 2: This morning I got the news she died in the small hours. So...yep, that's the nearest I got to being able to say goodbye.

Wear a mask.
    Last edited by BisectedBrioche; 2021-01-01 at 07:25 AM.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Fallout: New Vegas (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)