"We will do no such thing," Cassian answers calmly but firmly when Evelina proposes her plan. "Not even as a plan C," he continues with a look at Winifred.

"We are agents of justice, not butchers and arsonists. If some of you cannot tell the difference, then you are no better than Lamm and his ilk. Do I make myself clear?" he says in the tone of one who expects to be obeyed.

Spoiler: OOC
Show
I'm not trying to assert that Cassian is actually in command here, but in his mind he's a knight (almost) and a noblemen, and the rest of the PCs are commoners, so when he puts his foot down, he thinks that should be the end of it.

"If the girl can be persuaded to volunteer useful information, then that would of course be helpful. Anything we can do to make our strike swift and sure is worth a try," Cassian weighs in when the vendor has identified the begging girl.

"Do either of you have an appropriate bribe handy?" he asks Andrei and Winifred. "And what will you do to attract her attention and get her to come to a place where she can be questioned without raising any suspicion?"