View Single Post

Thread: DrK Crimson Throne IC

1. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: DrK Crimson Throne IC

Quote Originally Posted by wilphe View Post
    Winifred goes over to the vendor and purchases a lizard on a stick for everyone and one for the girl. She hands one to Cassian You know, you and this lizard have a lot in common - you both have a stick up your arse.
    Cassian accepts the proffered lizard with a thin smile. "Thank you, I find the stick helps one stay upright even when the temptation to stoop low is strong," he deadpans.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadguy
    Evelina snorted at the man's presumption of being obeyed. "Let's get one thing straight. You aren't here for justice. You're a mercenary at best, an assassin at worst. If you're so high and mighty, march in there and place the man under arrest. Don't ever confuse vengeance with justice."

With his self-righteousness addressed, she turned to the rest. "You amputate an arm when it gets infected, to save the rest of the body. Some may have not chosen the life, but who really does? A few dead now, or the continued suffering of many?" She adjusted her weapons and was prepared to move. "I'm fine with the consensus of the group, but don't mask it by some false sentiment of ethics. We're here for cold-blooded murder. Innocent or not, there will be no trial, no jury. A few more lives wouldn't darken an already black soul."
    "I am not the one who's confused, madam. I understand perfectly that vengeance and justice are not one and the same, but I also understand that at times they may hew closely to one another. For instance, when the duly appointed guardians of law will not fulfil their obligations - the very situation we are in now, in fact."

"However, that's no excuse to apply methods that would make us as monstrous as the villain we are here to deal with. Your analogy is flawed. No matter how Gaedren Lamm and his henchmen may have wronged each of us, they are not an infected arm. They are at worst a frostbitten finger or two - cut them off, and we may yet save the hand and the arm. What you are proposing is to punish the many for the crimes of the few. That is tyranny - no more, no less - and most definitely murder to boot."

With that, Cassian turns his back on the scarred woman and watches Winifred's attempts to lure the girl with promises of coin and food.

Spoiler: OOC @everyone
    Show
    Going back through the thread, as far as I can tell the only people who have actually introduced themselves are Cassian, Winifred and Bardin. It would be helpful if everyone else could at least mention their names and whether or not it's supposed to be obvious what their profession is.
    Last edited by rax; 2021-01-08 at 01:49 PM.